Ugh the last couple days in our house have been pretty eventful as far as sickness goes. Cyril came down with the Rotavirus(Rotovirus). Which is frustrating is that he was vaccinated for that. So things haven't been as spicy, have been more bland, much to the disappointment of my husband. lol. Plus with us being on the Feingold (FG Diet), it's hard to know what spices are approved for stage 1....when the ones you are used to cooking with are on stage 2. (My chili powder and paprika).
So last night, I made potatoes, ground hamburger, GF/CF gravy mix (NOT FG yet....), and green beans. Nothing special, but it's Dawn's FAVORITE dinner to eat. I swear she would eat potatoes and gravy everyday if she could. lol.
It's a great beginner's meal, when learning how to cook.
1. Wash ( I take a green scrub pad and wash/scrub the potatoes), pork with fork all of the potato
2. Season with butter and garlic, wrap in foil
3.I place them in a pan, so that any butter that leaks is in the pan, not the bottom of the oven, place in the oven @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.
4. When the potatoes have about 20-30minutes left to cook, that's when I start to fry up the hamburger. I chop the ground beef (or ground turkey), use minced onion
5. Cook the GF gravy like you would normal gravy, I used Brown Gravy by Mayacamas
6. Microwave or cook on low a can of green beans.
7. Serve
No comments:
Post a Comment