Monday, January 24, 2011

Behind!

Oh my word, am I seriously behind on updating this blog. I know that I have mentioned it before, but I'll apologize again.  Being a mother of 4 is a lot harder at times then I thought it was going to be, especially when you have a fussy baby. Speaking of little Gordon, it looks like he's not the only one not being able to tolerate/handle dairy products.  Increasingly I have noticed that the more and more I've had dairy products, the more and more I get a fuzzy head...think hangover. So I'm slowly coming to the acceptance that I will not be able to go back to dairy products, once Gordon is done nursing.

I'm not sure if many of you know this or not...can't remember if I mentioned this in this blog or our family blog.  Anyways, I suffer from ADHD, and it's been interesting managing a business, a family - while I was pregnant (so of course, off my meds) and now while nursing little Gordon.  I honestly do not want to go back on my medication when I'm done nursing Gordon, if I have too, then I will, but I figure we are going to try some alternative things. Side note- we are going more alternative lifestyle if you didn't know (No Vaccinations, Semi-attachment parenting, and Eating healthier - who knew that was considered alternative?) Since my oldest two children are also both ADHD (Spencer will be tough to get a firm diagnosis, cause of his special needs) and I suspect the 3rd child has it as well, we are adding the Feingold Diet. Never heard of it well here's a link to their website: www.feingold.org .  It's not really a diet, more like a lifestyle change similar to when a family goes gluten free/casein free/or whatever food allergy. We've slowly been doing the 1st stage and seeing improvements. It's been great.

I'll try to make a point of adding more of the recipes from the last couple of meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment