One thing I'm also doing is I'm reducing the amount of caffeine/coffee and sugar that I'm consuming on a daily basis also. I'm not gonna totally give up coffee (that's just one vice I'm not gonna do.), but I don't think I need to be drink 8-12cups a day either. With mom's diagnosis of cancer, I've been making a lot of her meals, and researching alternative ways to help her fight this fight. Once thing I have learned is that I need to consume more of cancer fighting foods and herbs. Here are 2 of them combined in a cup of tea. Ginger, lemon and raw honey. Come summer time I will also add fresh mint also.
Ginger has been so helpful in a number of ways for people: Allergies, asthma, Arthritis, High Cholesterol, Cancer, Indigestion, morning sickness, motion sickness, nausea, vomiting (like ginger ale), Colds, Influenza, strep throat,inflammation, pain and even with parasites. There are a few things that if you are doing/taking, you should NOT use ginger: Ginger has been known to increase the potency of prescription meds like Plavix (blood clotting meds), Aspirin - so combining these with ginger could lead to unexpected bleeding, it can also prolong sleeping time aids. Also do not consume if you have trouble with gallstones. Ginger has nutrients of amino acids, calcium, essential fatty acids, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C. Ground ginger contains vitamin A.*
Honey- I use organic, raw and unfiltered. If you buy honey - get LOCAL honey, commerical honeys are known to contain more corn syrup and junk then actual pure honey. Honey is made up of 35% protein, half of all the amino acids, and is highly concentrated source of many essential nutrients as minerals, vitamin B, C, D, and E. Honey is also a natural anti-septic.*
I got this idea of the Dr. Oz show. I like HOT teas, but this you can make cold as well. I take a 32oz quart jar of water and heat it up to boiling.
Add:
1 ginger tea bag (Again I use organic)
1/4 cup of squeezed lemon juice
2tsp of local honey
1. Add all of the ingredients, I let the tea bag steeps for at least 3-5mins, sometimes longer. And then I drink it.
I've been doing this daily for the last week and I really enjoy it. :-)
*I got these sources from the books called: Prescription for Herbal Healing and Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A. Balch and James F. Balch
No comments:
Post a Comment