Saturday, February 11, 2012

Boy does time fly...

It's been a busy couple of months. I found out at the end of December that my health issues that I had been having almost all of last year was something to be concerned about.  A few things have left the doctors stumped ("You shouldn't have this at your age." -insert eye roll, cuz I do.) and other things were easily identified.

One of those things due to my weight getting the best of me, I now need to lose 70-75lbs. Ideally in a perfect world the doctors want me to below 160 cuz of my height BUT mother nature has other plans.  Since having kids, it likes to hang out between 160-170 so we'll see what happens this time.  I have to lose 10lbs by the end of the month, so the doctor can retest me.  My glucose level was quite high back in December. He said I am for sure pre-diabetic (Oh Great!) and possibly diabetic because the numbers were so high. So I have to lose the 10lbs to see if it helps bring my numbers down, if it doesn't then I have to have more in depth testing.  I so do not want to deal with needles OR daily pills. Yuck!!!  As most of you I'm more into natural and holistic way of treating things. So what did I do? Got my butt down to Weight Watchers.  So we'll see how I do with that and exercise.

Here's a couple of things that I have gone back to do ( I was doing really good about while pregnant and nursing Gordon.)
1. Enjoy a bowl of GF Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats (I like either Old-Fashion or Quick), sprinkled with 2 TBS of ground flaxseed meal (Important for all of us on a GF diet to get our daily fiber intake) AND now I've added or tried ot add a serving of fruit with it or in it.  Yummy!!! I think that's why my hair is so nice and health. Shhhh. Can't even tell I haven't had a hair cut in almost 18 months.

2. Bumped my water intake back up.  I gotta remember to get another large 32 oz reusable water bottle.  It's so easy to remember to drink 3 of those, then trying to remember each little one.

3. Make sure that we have a protein, starch AND at least 1 veggie/fruit every meal. Snacks we try to make sure there's a protein and a fruit/veggie.  It holds the kids better.

4. Cutting back on my caffeine intake.  This momma LOVES her coffee. ;)  How else do I stay awake during the day with an almost 21month old who STILL doesn't sleep thru the night? lol.

5. Watching my salt intake as well.

****These things seem to be helping with my weight loss, especially if I lay off the salt.  I didn't these last 2 weeks and I paid for it. I had to take a water pill AND the scale went up both times at my weekly Weigh in.  For a total of .12lbs.  It's not much but it still irks me. lol.

The next post entry will have 2 recipes on it. I hope you enjoy them!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment