Last night for dinner, I needed something nice and quick, we were going with some friends to a local splash pad. I had daycare kids, so I knew that I wouldn't have anything ready that was quick. So I went online and tried this recipe, it got mixed reviews from my family. Dawn loved them, Nana & I thought they were okay, and the boys didn't like them at all. The support group that I got the recipe is a WONDERFUL support group for anyone that has food allergies, and I mean any food allergies. From the traditional top 8 food allergies to the more unusual like bananas. I have learned more from these people about eating healthy and on a budget then I have from anywhere else. The nice thing about a lot of these recipes are that they are made from things that you usually have in your pantry...yes you will start using your pantry or cupboards a lot when you start cooking to be gluten free or casein free. And this is speaking from someone considered cooking from a box, cooking. lol. My husband cringed when I told him I knew how to cook...from a box.
Here's the recipe. Enjoy
Crockpot Meatballs
Source of Recipe
Marcie Dingerson
List of Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. rice milk
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 c. gf cracker crumbs
1 egg
Mix ingredients together and form into balls. Place in crockpot.
SAUCE FOR MEATBALLS:
1/4 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. catsup
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. vinegar
1/4 c. beef broth
1/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
Mix together in a bowl. Pour over meat balls in crockpot to simmer.
In the crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment