Tonight, I broke one of my main rules. Do not make two different meals. But I did. Jessie was coming home for the weekend, and I wasn't sure if he was in the mood for the meal I planned with the kids. Being gluten free, I'm discovering over this past year is so much healthier for everyone. It was very simple what I made for dinner. It's a meal I think we will use for lunches too.
I just cooked up a couple of chicken breasts in a frying pan. I seasoned with Tone's garlic, sea salt, and pepper. I put some water instead of oil, just because I ran out of our gf oil and wasn't sure if the other oils where okay. We are slowly converting out household to being completely or as close to 100% GF as possible. My daughter Dawn is proving to be gluten sensitive, and it would be much better for Spencer with his TBI's if he was as well. Which for anyone on a budget - which I think is everyone these days is the easiest way to do it.
I wasn't in the mood to bake potatoes for dinner, so I threw in some tater tots in the oven. We use Ore-Ida tater tots and then canned peaches. For the longest time, we would sometimes use the generics of canned fruits, veggies, and etc. But recently when we went to the super Walmart and purchased some items. We discovered that a ot of them say traces of wheat. So those are now out of the question.
Always, always check the labels. Just because they may at one time say gluten free, it can always change.
Note: Schwan's GF turkey meatball dinner is no longer gluten free. :( So sad I love those frozen dinners.
Carlena
No comments:
Post a Comment