Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Juicing

The other day Jessie and I watched a documentary on Netflicks called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  It was very eye-opening, and I'm excited to say it made Jessie want to get healthy and lose some weight.  In his line of work it's really hard for him to eat right. They were insane hours, and he gets to eat mainly 1 meal a day which is usually at the end of the work day anywhere from 5-9pm at night.  And when he puts in 12-16 hour days, that's not really a lot to keep you going. Plus when they start the majority of the time before the normal breakfast hour, and he's the type of guy that wants to sleep till the last possible second...again it doesn't leave room for healthy eating.

Plus my darling husband loves his meat, potatoes, and very little fruits/veggies. AKA the typical guy.  So after he watched this documentary, he did some research and then approached me about doing this.  I of course was really nervous about this.  If you haven't seen this movie, it's where a guy goes 60days rebooting his system and consuming only pure juices of fruits and veggies that he made himself. That's it! Wait no that's not it, he also consumed the daily amount of water that he needed. So we sat down and watched the show together, after we talked about it, I was put at ease and I'm all for it. 

I wanted to do it as well, but since I'm still nursing Gordon, that puts me out automatically since it's basically a detox.  And who wants to be drinks a cocktail of toxins through breastmilk?  I know the jury is still out on it, but I'm gonna wait on detoxin till I'm done nursing.  Gordon and I have had a rocky road as far as nursing and what I get to eat due to his allergies, why the hec do I want to chance that?  Plus knowing our luck he WOULD get something.  But there's no reason why we can't enjoy the benefits of the extra fruits and veggies that I wouldn't normally eat, and/or don't have time to add all of these extras to our diet.

Today marks Day 4 for Jessie of the total reboot. He's been struggling.  He's been really hungry and tired, but I'm hoping that will turn around. It's nice knowing that he's getting some extra nutrients that he wasn't getting before though.

If you all want to take a look at this, here's the link:
http://jointhereboot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment