Today, my husband and 2 youngest boys, went and checked out the newest Super Walmart in our area. I know that some people have very strong feelings for or against the Walmart stores...but that is for another entry. =) As we were going down the aisles and checking out prices, imagine my surprise when I saw several of the items that we normally buy that are gluten free available at the Super Walmart.
Here are a few of those items: Hellman's Mayonnaise, Koop's brands are, Earth Balance butter (GF/DF/SF options) and Betty Crocker cake mixes, brownie and cookie mixes have gluten free items or are gluten free. (Which are still pretty expensive @ $3.78 a box) And then I saw some new items: Bisquick's GF mix ( just like regular Bisquick, but smaller) and 3 Hamburger Helper mixes. Tonight the family and I had the Beef fried rice mix. It's ONLY gluten free, it is NOT casein/dairy free, soy free, or egg free. So if you are having to have any of these extra diet restrictions this food is NOT for you guys. With that being said, it was good, coming from a box. lol.
Listen to me, coming from a box. =) Not to long ago, that's what I considered home cooking. I've come along way baby. If the other 2 types of hamburger helpers are anything like this one, they will be great to have on hand for those nights when you need something relatively quick or if you don't really want to think about it.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment